Permits and Licenses
Resident Commuter Parking Permit
2016 PERMITS ARE AVAILABLE.
Resident Commuter Parking by US mail. Applicants may still obtain a permit at Police HQ, but only during limited hours.
- Resident Commuter Parking Stickers are available for an annual fee of $145.00 per year, January to December. Households may purchase multiple stickers, with the second and subsequent stickers available at the cost of $80 for the same household. Permits will be valid from time of purchase through December 31, 2014. Applicants are required to provide a valid NJ vehicle registration (showing your Glen Rock address). If your vehicle is leased, you will need to provide proof of residency in the form of a valid NJ Driver’s license.
- To obtain Resident Commuter Parking Permits by mail, please download 2017 Resident Computer Parking Form. Mail the completed application and payment along with a copy of your NJ Driver’s license, registration and insurance card to: Glen Rock Police Records Bureau, 1 Harding Plaza, Glen Rock, and NJ 07452. YOU MUST ALSO INCLUDE A STAMPED, SELF ADDRESSED ENVELOPE.
- Payment must be made by check or money order only. All checks should be made out to the BOROUGH OF GLEN ROCK. The Police Department CANNOT accept credit cards or cash for parking permits.
- All commuter parking, such as Harding Plaza, West Plaza, Main Line lot and Main Street meters, is on a first-come-first-serve non-guaranteed basis.
- For unplanned emergencies, such as a vehicle having a sticker becoming disabled, another vehicle can be parked as long as the resident calls the Glen Rock Police Central Dispatch (201-652-3800) before 8:00 am with the correct information. Correct information will include name, address, telephone number and LICENSE PLATE NUMBER of the vehicle being used. A vehicle description alone will not be sufficient. DO NOT CALL THE RECORDS BUREAU.
- For residents with a longer vehicle repair, such as a vehicle in a body shop for a few days, the resident must obtain a temporary sticker at the GRPD to be displayed in the other vehicle. There is no charge for this service, which has been working successfully for years. However, these permits are only available when the Police Department Records Bureau is open, see below for hours of operation.
- Borough policy allows parking privileges for residential properties split by a town border. In order to purchase a sticker, a resident with a split lot and an out of town license must get a tax map copy from either the Tax Assessor or Tax Collector. This map must be presented to the Administrative Aide at the Police Records and Reception Desk along with the proper fee, valid vehicle registration and insurance card.
- Resident parking stickers may still purchase at the Glen Rock Police Records and Reception Desk 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday and late hours on Tuesday from 4:30PM to 7:00PM. Stickers will not be available when the Records and Reception Desk is not staffed. Purchase via US mail is recommended.
- New Residents may obtain a temporary parking permit free of charge for a period not to exceed 60 days. New residents must show proof of residency in Glen Rock in the form of a deed, lease or public utility bill.
Note: New Residents of New Jersey are required by State Law to obtain a NJ Driver’s License and register their vehicles in NJ within 60 day after becoming a resident. Residents moving within the State must file a change of address with the NJ Division of Motor Vehicle within one week after moving. The Glen Rock Police Department WILL NOT issue permits to new residents who fail to comply with State Law.
Glen Rock Commuter Parking must be ADHERED to NON-TINTED driver’s side window of your vehicle.
Permits, which are left on top of dashboards or otherwise improperly placed, will NOT BE HONORED.
Commuter parking is available at any one of the five designated commuter parking areas, however a permit is required and must be properly affixed and displayed on your vehicle.
Resident commuter parking areas are located at the N.J. Transit Borough Hall Railroad/Bus Station with lots at the rear of the Ambulance Headquarters, Harding Plaza , West Plaza and the West Plaza Extension. An additional residential parking area for commuters is located at the N.J. Transit Main Line Railroad Station.
Parking is limited and on a first-come-first-serve basis. All vehicles must be removed from commuter parking lots by 2 AM. Vehicles without a valid permit or those left in the lot overnight will be issued summonses.
Non-resident Commuter Parking
Metered parking is available to non-resident commuters at a cost of $6.00 per day (regardless of the length of stay) beginning January 1, 2009. These lots also tend to fill up quickly and the parking is limited. Vehicles left at a meter overnight will be issued a summons.
NON RESIDENT PAY PARKING
Harding Plaza North Lot
Main Line Lot – South Side
Attention Non-Resident Commuter Parkers:
The Borough of Glen Rock appreciates your patronage and patience in parking in our commuter lots. The current parking payment system has presented many challenges and frustration to both of us. That is why I am pleased to announce a new system of pay for daily parking in both the Borough Hall Bergen Line lot and the Main Line lot:
Pay by Phone Parking Through Parkmobile
This system will allow you to purchase daily parking at $6, with a small convenience fee of 35cents, by just a phone call or mobile app payment. No more credit cards, cash, coin or smart cards necessary, just register at www.parkmobile.com to get started. There will be signs posted in the lots with further direction. After you have registered with your payment preference at Parkmobile, daily users have to remember their spot number and zone. Once you are comfortably on the bus or train, use the mobile app or call the 800 number and register your spot.
For our monthly commuter pass purchasers, we will continue to sell the rear-view placards at Borough Hall, or you can just mail us a check and we would be happy to mail back your pass. The placard is attached to the rear-view mirror and you are done for the month. The placards should be removed from the rear-view mirror when the vehicle is in operation. If there is any interest, the Borough will offer a year parking fee for $1,000, which would only require one payment for the year.
We understand the daily pay-by-phone is a new concept, but believe that it will be beneficial to everyone who uses our parking facilities. The goal is to eliminate the pay-stations altogether, but understand that there are a number of smart cards in circulation and we want to give our patrons a chance to use those funds as well. The target date to implement the Parkmobile system is January 2, 2013. The pay-station will still be available for a limited amount of time for those smart card holders to use their accumulated funds throughout the first quarter of 2013.
Please take a few moments and visit www.parkmobile.com to become familiar with the system. Should you have any questions, please call Lenora Benjamin at 201-670-3954, or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for parking with us and we look forward to a new and improved parking system for 2013!
- NOTE YOUR ZONE POSTED THROUGH OUT THE LOT YOU ARE IN AND PARKING SPACE NUMBER PAINTED ON THE PAVEMENT IN FRONT OF EACH PARKING SPOT.
- PROCEED TO www.parkmobile.com
- LOG ON TO YOUR ACCOUNT AND PAY $6.00 per day, for any portion of the day.
As of Friday, March 29, 2013, the Borough of Glen Rock will be discontinuing the use of the Metric Parking Meters, located at Borough Hall and Main Line Stations, for any parking transactions. Please log on to www.parkmobile.com to register for pay by phone parking. Please contact Lenora Benjamin at 201-670-3954 for any questions in this regard.
RESIDENT PERMIT PARKING
Harding Plaza South Lot
West Plaza & West Plaza Ext. Lots
Main Line Lot – North Side
Main Street Angle Spots
EMPLOYEE PERMIT PARKING
Main Line Lot – North Side
Main Street Angle Spots
Glen Avenue North Lot – (Rear of the Mall)
Rodney St. by Main St.
Parking is not permitted in any of the Borough parking lots or on any street between the hours of 2 AM and 5 AM. In any emergency you may contact the Police Department’s Central Dispatch (201) 652-3800 prior to 2 AM if you are unable to move your car, from a lot or the street, to avoid receiving a summons.
Door-to-door soliciting is not permitted without first obtaining a permit through the Police Department’s Detective Bureau. Solicitors must clearly display the permit while working in town.
If a person comes to your door and does not have their permit displayed or if you feel that the person is not legitimate, please call the Police Department.
To obtain a solicitor’s permit, all applicants must complete the proper documents that are only obtainable through the Police Department’s Detective Bureau and then meet and maintain the criteria as set forth by Borough Ordinance.
State of New Jersey – Firearms Requirements
To obtain a Firearms Identification Card:
$5.00 application fee (must be at least 18 years of age)
- Application Form must be completed in full, listing two references, not relatives. Include name, address (including zip code), and telephone number.
- The Mental Health Form must be completed (upper portion only). This form will be witnessed at Glen Rock Police headquarters upon its return. Do not have another person sign as a witness before you return the form to police headquarters.
- In addition to submitting these forms you must be fingerprinted by MorphoTrust, the authorized fingerprint vendor for the State of New Jersey . Their nearest office is located at: 299 Forest Avenue, 1st Floor – Suite B in Paramus , NJ. You will be required to obtain a Glen Rock Police case number and a fingerprint application form at Glen Rock Police Records Desk. Fee and payment information will also be provided at that time.
- Please bear in mind that the processing of all necessary paperwork can take up to three months. The New Jersey Firearms Identification Card will not be issued until all forms have been returned and processed.
To Obtain a Permit to Purchase a Handgun:
$2.00 application fee (must be at least 21 years of age to purchase a handgun)
- Same as above.
- Same as above.
- If you already have a New Jersey Firearms Identification Card, complete form SBI-212A “Request for Criminal History Record Information for a Non-Criminal Justice Purpose” on line by clicking here. The fee is $20.00 payable by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express.
To Obtain a Duplicate Firearms Identification Card:
(for lost or stolen cards, or changes of address) Free of charge
Fingerprinting will not be necessary if you have applied in the past through our agency (i.e. previous Glen Rock address or if your file has been forwarded to us from the police department where you formerly lived). However, if we do not have any file, fingerprinting again will be necessary, and #3 and #4 above will apply.
If you have any questions regarding firearm regulations, please click here.
Links to the following forms have been provided for your convenience; however, all applications must be submitted to the Records Bureau in person. All applicants must provide a New Jersey Drivers License or other photo identification when filing applications.
Click here for more information about the Borough of Glen Rock.