State of New Jersey – Firearms Requirements
FIREARMS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
NEW APPLICATION PROCEDURES
With exceptions of Permits to Carry, ALL applicants must apply for Firearms ID Cards and Permits to Purchase a Handgun online at https://njportal.com/NJSP/FARS There are no exceptions.
Once logged into this website it will ask you for Glen Rock’s ORI Number. This number is NJ0022200. It must be entered exactly or your application will not be able to be processed correctly.
- Complete each tab on the website with accurate and complete information. For example, applicants must enter their legal name (i.e. Michael vs. Mike).
- Applicants must enter accurate phone numbers and emails for themselves and their references. Family members can be used as references.
- After all tabs have been completed a review page will appear where the applicant can change or edit the application before final submission. Once submitted the application is unable to be altered. When completed the applicant must print out the application, fingerprint form, and confirmation page. The Glen Rock Police Department will not provide you with these forms.
- Once you have finished the online application, payment must be hand delivered by the applicant with photo identification, to the Glen Rock Police Department via the Records Bureau. Payment shall be in the form of check made issued to “Borough of Glen Rock”. Please, no cash. The Records Bureau is open Mon,Wed,Thu, and Fri from 8:30am-4:30pm and Tues from 8:30-6:30pm. We will not issue permits prior to payment.
- Please contact Detective Lucas Doney at 201-670-3947 with any questions.
To Obtain a Duplicate Firearms Identification Card:
(for lost or stolen cards, or changes of address) Free of charge
Fingerprinting will not be necessary if you have applied in the past through our agency (i.e. previous Glen Rock address or if your file has been forwarded to us from the police department where you formerly lived). However, if we do not have any file, fingerprinting again will be necessary, and #3 and #4 above will apply.
If you have any questions regarding firearm regulations, please click here.
Links to the following forms have been provided for your convenience; however, all applications must be submitted to the Records Bureau in person. All applicants must provide a New Jersey Drivers License or other photo identification when filing applications.
New Jersey Permit to Carry a Handgun Application Procedure
The Glen Rock Police Department Firearms Unit assists Glen Rock residents with the application, processing, and registration of firearms. Please reach out to Det. Lucas Doney with any questions at 201-670-3947or via e-mail at [email protected]. Please be advised that the Glen Rock Police Department can only process applications for Glen Rock residents.
Online Application Procedures for Applicants:
Visit the application website by clicking the below link, or by visiting www.njsp.org -> Firearms Info -> Apply for a Permit to Carry a Handgun
- When you log on, you must enter the Glen Rock Police Department ORI #: NJ0022200
- Complete the online application.
You may complete the application using a smartphone, mobile device, laptop, or desktop computer.
Submit a check or money order in the amount of $150 payable to the Borough of Glen Rock.
- Please include the full name and address of the applicant on the check or money order.
- Payment can be dropped off at Glen Rock Police Department Monday through Friday 8:30am-4:30pm.